Thursday, August 26, 2010

[Fwd: 2 more songs, Week of 30 May 2006]



-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 2 more songs, Week of 30 May 2006
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 20:00:31 +0800
From: rdca25@gmail.com
To:


DIVES AND LAZARUS
These two songs are based on the story of the rich man and Lazarus in LUKE 16:19.
(From this parable we also get the well-known phrase, "in Abraham's bosom," meaning Heaven.) The rich man was given the name "Dives" (meaning "rich") in later translations of the Bible. The second song makes use of the typological figure of Jesus as the Rock, whose immediate source is probably Paul's  typological reading of Israel's history: "They all ate the same spiritual food and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ" (1 Corinthians 10:3).

HE PRAYED TOO LATE
He prayed but his prayer was too late. Oh there was a rich man who lived back in the Bible days. Oh, he was rich all right and everything seemed to go his way, but he would not feed the poor man, Lazarus, who lay begging at his gate. And one day he prayed, oh, but his prayer was, it was too late. Oh, Lord, that's why I don't mind standing up, knowing where I'll be to say these words. Oh, yes, he prayed, he prayed too late. He prayed too late to get admitted at the golden gate, so many people going around looking for excuses, but he heard, he heard the Word of God, he heard it in time, oh it's sad to think about it but the prayed, oh but his prayer was too late, was too late, my Lord. Do you know that my Bible told me it came to pass that the poor man died in the Bosom of Abraham he had an everlasting life and it told me when the rich man died in Hell he lifted his eyes and that's when he prayed but, oh but his prayer was too late. Let me hear you say it again, boys, oh, oh, yes he prayed too late, he prayed too late to enter at the golden door, the golden gate. Yeah, he heard the Word of God in time, but when he prayed, his prayer was too late. My Lord, my Lord, my Lord.
I'VE GOT A HOME IN THAT ROCK
I've got a home in that Rock, don't you see? (Don't you see?) (2) It's between the earth and sky, for I heard my Savior cry. I've got a home in that Rock, don't you see? Rich man, Dives lived so well, don't you see? (Don't you see?) (2) Rich man, Dives lived so well, when he died he had a home in Hell, he had no home in that Rock, don't you see?

No comments:

Post a Comment