Friday, April 30, 2010

Songs based on EZEKIEL (not required)

EZEKIEL SAW THE WHEEL
The song relates Ezekiel's vision of God in chapter 1 of Ezekiel's book. Chapter one was considered potentially dangerous for beginners to read and was forbidden by rabbis since it can be misinterpreted to create an image of God (the Hebrew religion is aniconic, without images). But this song reads the vision on an abstract level, with the two wheels representing faith and grace. As usual with black Gospel songs (or folk songs in general) the lyrics change a little with each performance. Below are the lyrics for one version. Go here.
Ezekiel saw the wheel way up in the middle of the air. (Repeat x) The big wheel runs by faith and the little wheel runs by the grace of God. A wheel in a wheel way in the middle of the air. Beware my brother or you'll step on the cross, your foot might slip and your soul be lost. O  Satan wears a mighty shoe and if you don't mind he'll slip it on you. {Repeat chorus} Some go to church for to sing and shout, Hallelujah (x). {Repeat chorus}

SHOWERS of BLESSINGS

"I will bless them and the places surrounding my hill. I will send down showers in season; there will be showers of blessing."
EZEKIEL 34:26
Go here. Lyrics at right hand corner of screen.

EVEN ME
Ezekiel 34:26
By the famed contemporary Gospel singer, Yolanda Adams, sung in the pentacostal style (that is, with a lot of shouts inspired by the Holy Spirit). I have transcribed only the main ideas of Adams' testimonial shouts below, but the song is complete.
Go here.
Lord I hear of, showers of blessing,
Thou are scattering full and free
Showers the thirty, souls refreshing
Let some drops now fall on me
Even me Lord, even me,
Let some drops now fall on me.
I need you to come down right now and bless me, even me, even me Lord, yeah, I need your mercy, I need your grace, I need your Holy Ghost, yes I do. Lord while you're in the blessing business, today, not tomorrow, today not tomorrow, I need it right now, right now, right now I need you to see me through. I need your forgiveness, I need your grace, I need your blessing. I need a blessing, Jesus. I need a little more love, I've got to love my enemies. I need a little more faith. I've got to stand the test. I need a little mor mercy, there's somebody I must forgive. Even me, Lord Jesus. Bless even me, Lord Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment